Monday, August 8, 2011

Traveling dog – again

8/7/11
We left that wonderful place and Pete this morning. I had to ride in the van and got out to smell new places. I forgot to not pull on the leash in the new places and mom was not happy with that. She let me go down a slope away from the highway so I could splash in a river way up high in the mountains. It was very shallow but fun to investigate all the new smells.
Dirona in Alpine river - CO 14 near Cameron Pass
Dirona & Van at Camp in little clearing - Medicine Bow NF, WY

We stopped a couple hours before dark in a forest. There's nobody up here at all except us. Mom let me go off leash and we took a walk. I found some black cows but mom told me to leave it and come back. I didn't want to, but I came back to her. She was happy with that. Towards the end of our walk, mom lost sight of me and kept calling me. I got scent of something and followed it for awhile. I came back to the van but mom had gone back and called me. I went down the road to find her. Then we played fetch for a little bit. I like this place. But I miss Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment