Monday, August 1, 2011

Swimming - A dog learning

I am swimming in the ditch!  Gosh it is so much fun.  It makes me so excited and gives me tons of energy!  This place is just fun, fun, fun!

Yesterday, I got up the nerve to jump all the way into the ditch and swim.  It was hard and then I suddenly rolled over.  I'm not sure what happened but mom said the current in the ditch must have done it.  I got back to the other side ok but that was a little scary.


Then I was scared to go back into the water.  I really, really wanted to go in but it was scary.  I went down to the edge and got my feet in and tried but I just couldn't for several tries.  I kept trying and wouldn't give up.  I whimpered in frustration.

Finally, I got up the nerve and jumped in.  I got to the other side of the ditch and climbed out.  Mom called me back, so I jumped nearly across the ditch and swam to the other side and got out.  Success!  Whoo hoo!  I did it!

After that, I knew I could do it and it was so much fun, I just wanted to go in again and again.  It gave me tons of energy.  I ran really fast with the truck again.

Today, mom was busy with her sister so I got to go to the land with her brother-in-law and Pete.  I jumped right into the ditch several times.

Just before it got dark, we got to go again with mom this time.  I jumped in again and again.  It is so much fun to swim and chase a stick in the water.  Then after that, I ran with the truck.  They said I got up to 27mph today!  Pete won't go all the way into the water but we have a good romp.



No comments:

Post a Comment