Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Running is so much fun! And I'm being very good

We got a later start this morning but Pete and I got to to the land again.  I've been a really good dog these last couple days.  Last night, Pete jumped over the fence again but all I did was put my front paws on it to look at him.  I got yelled at until they realized Pete had gone over again then they were happy I was telling them he had gone.  This time, my mom scolded him and put him into the pen and I got to stay out and play.  They tested us again with bones but I decided the best thing for me to do was to ignore both bones and get a toy to play with instead.  They took the toys away but I was determined to be a good dog.  I didn't have to wear the muzzle.  Pete collected both bones and they walked me all around him, but I refused to be bad and didn't try to get a bone or worse, snarl.


Then, they brought out a pig's ear.  They gave it to me first.  Really yummy!  Then mom told me to drop it so I did and they gave it to Pete.  I still refused to be bad.  In the end, they broke it in half and gave each of us a piece and I still was good.  Mom accidently kicked the soccer ball over into a neighbor's yard but all I did was put my paws up and look at it, then dropped down and looked to mom to get it since it was out of bounds.



At the land, we weren't quite as energetic as yesterday.  We ran and played as usual but rested more.  Mom got in the back of the pickup so she could get some pics of me and Pete running fast.  I always run on the driver's side - sort of heeling to the truck since the people are in there.

On our last lap, they stopped the truck for a few minutes to answer some phone calls.  We caught up to the truck then kept going around the corner.  Pete told me he would show me his favorite watering hole where the irrigation canal is wider and the banks aren't so steep. We both got wet to our chests.  I liked it so much I went in 2 more times.  Then I came out and laid down because that's what Pete always does - gets wet and lies down in it.

We were so tired when we got back, we just laid in the shade and rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment