Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Surgery Day

Last night, mom dropped me off at the new vet's.  The people there were so, so friendly to me.  I was surprised when a lady took me back and mom didn't come along.  I know she will but I was here all night so I just pretended I was at home and slept.  I've never been away from mom for a night before.  Not since I came to live with her.  The two people at the front desk came in to pet me goodbye for the night and again this morning.  They are so nice!  They told mom that she could call every hour all night long if she wanted to get reports on how I was doing.  I don't think she did.  She says that with surgery, you have to lay a lot of trust in the hands of the people doing it because there isn't anything she can do and worrying or nagging doesn't help. It's not like she can do a better job or has the tools, even!

They called mom at 9 am just to tell her that I was going to have my surgery in the early afternoon, then again at 1pm to tell here that I was getting prepped for the anesthesia.  They told her I was being a very good dog and not fussing at all.  I'm wagging my tail at everyone who comes by.  I don't understand why I'm here but mom has taught me to be patient and she will come back.  I do find it exciting to watch all the new stuff here.  It's so different.

They said I would be all done in a couple of hours or so and they would call to tell her how I did when I wake up and the Doctor would call at the end of the day.

But now they gave me a shot and I'm getting sleepy ....


I woke up but I feel very weird.  People here are still really nice to me.  I woke up around 4p but I'm not sure because I don't actually tell time.  The Vet called my mom who still is not here.  He said I did really well and don't have any cartilage damage at all and no pieces grinding my joints.  But I do have a lot of inflammation that is causing my pain.  He shot me with cortisone to help that.  They gave me some kibble.  It's not nearly as good as the food mom gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment