Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm a better dog

Today, I did really well on the leash.  I didn't pull at all!  I'm a little slow on sitting when we stop still.  My mom's sister asked her to try me with just my regular collar and I did really well on that too!  Pete has started to follow my mom's commands by inserting himself right next to her so I can't be in the right position.  When she took me to the front yard, I did the heel right then because Pete stayed in the back yard and couldn't interfere.


Mom put the muzzle on me and today they gave both me and Pete a bone.  I didn't even curl my lip at him but the muzzle makes me feel like I'm a bad dog.  When I wanted to take Pete's bone, I turned away and got a toy instead   After awhile, mom took my muzzle off.  I still restrained myself and just chewed the bone Pete left laying there.  The bone the other dog has is the best bone, after all.  After a bit, Pete got up and took the other bone to be near me and we both happily chewed for awhile.  I didn't do a single thing wrong this time.  I could tell, both mom and her sister were really happy with me.  They were watching me the whole time, tho.  They hope the lesson is that good dogs get good bones.

After that mom played kick ball with me for a while and they filled the wading pool.  Pete loves the wading pool.  They got tired of playing with me but I never get tired of playing.  They were teaching me and Pete to go away so we started playing together.  I copied Pete going into the pool with all fours and lapping water.  After a while, I got really excited and started biting and lapping the water.  Then I got Pete to play a game of racing around the big tree, thru the pool and back around.  When we got all wet, mom and her sister really didn't want us up close, so we played a lot more.  They laughed at us a lot.

When my mom's brother-in-law came home, he kicked the soccer ball over the fence into the golf course.  He told Pete to jump over the fence and get it.  So I put my front paws on top of the fence to see but mom told me no, no.  Pete got the ball and jumped back over.  Pete is really good at jumping.  I've never jumped over a fence before.  Never thought about doing that.  Hmmmm.  Later, when they were all inside, some kids were in the golf course and Pete jumped over the fence to check them out.  I put my front paws up again but didn't try to follow this time.  I'm really wondering if I can do that too.  The humans didn't like that at all and put Pete in the garage.  I barked at the kids but didn't try to get over the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment