Saturday, July 23, 2011

Running with the Rotties

Dirona & puppy Aldo
Today, we started out by going to the land where my mom's sister and her husband garden and do stuff with Pete.  What fun.  I got to run a bunch and get a big stick to play with.  After awhile, Pete got irritated at me and barked and acted a little aggressive with me.  I lost my temper and went after him.  Mom yelled at me to stop and I listened and stopped.  She was so happy with me.  My stick got tossed into the irrigation ditch and I tried to get it but I don't know about getting in water over my head so I had to let it float away.  Pete wouldn't go in and get it either.


Pete and I spent the day in his pen with the wading pool while the people went off most of the afternoon.  We slept, mostly.  I like putting all fours in the pool and drinking water like Pete does.

In the evening, Pete and I were taken to a new place where there were 3 Rottweiler dogs.  The first one they let out was a puppy like me.  Aldo was fun after we did our sniff greetings.  I found a stick and we played with it.  I showed him how to play tug with it and catch me if you can.

Then they let the other 2 dogs out.  I investigated their pen.  That's where I found the stick.  The whole time, the dominant older dog, Quincy walked right beside me.  Most of the evening, the 2 older dogs walked right next to me, one on each side so I couldn't play with Aldo.  Quincy kept his head on my withers a lot.  I escaped them and Aldo and I played tug some and I got the stick and ran like the wind with it.

I got tired of always being pushed around by those 2 big Rotties, so I tried and tried to get them to play with me.  Aldo wanted to but those 2 big bullies wouldn't let him and they didn't give me one single play bow.  Even when Pete and I tried to play, they got on each side of me and kept me from him.  Pete doesn't like them much and mostly just laid down to get away from them.  At least they weren't violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment